Savor the “Mighty Chinook” Salmon
½ cup buttermilk baking mix
1 & ½ cups ½ & ½
2 Tbs melted butter
1 ½ cups three cheese blend, graded
¾ cup smoked salmon, flaked or chopped (wild)
½ cup soft cream cheese
2 tbsp. fresh chives (dried chives will work also)
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Beat the eggs, baking mix and melted butter together. Some lumps will remain
-Add the ½ & ½ and stir together
- Spray a large pie pan or quiche dish with cooking spray, pour in mixture
- Drop cream cheese in small dollops throughout the egg and cream mixture
- Sprinkle the mix with the salmon & chives then poke them so they sink into the batter and not just on top
- Cover the top with the grated cheese. (I cover w/foil last 20 min to prevent over-browning).
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serve.
-You can garnish w/fresh chives or avocado slices.