1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in mixing bowl.
2. Cut in Butter
3. Stir in Cinnamon Chips
4. In separate bowl, combine egg yolk, vanilla and buttermilk. Add to dry ingredients, mixing by hand completely.
5. On a floured surface roll out dough by hand into ½ inch thickness
6. Cut into scones with 3 inch cookie cutter and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Brush egg white over scones and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over scones.
8. Bake 18-22 min.
9. Cool scones a couple of minutes before serving.
About this recipe:
Although difficult to find, cinnamon chips are a nice change of pace when it comes to scones. These drop scones are easy to make and the cinnamon adds the perfect flavor and consistency to these delicious, breakfast treats.