Inns Serving Thanksgiving Dinner
Undoubtedly one of the most delicious holidays of the year, Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on all of life's many blessings, make new memories with family and friends, and indulge on some of the classics: turkey, ham, potatoes and gravy. Not wanting to cook this year? Or wanting to create a new tradition? These five inns with restaurants are all inviting guests to their table for a Thanksgiving feast.
The Hartstone Inn has been serving a five-course Thanksgiving dinner for 16 years. Innkeeper Meghan Small’s favorite part of Thanksgiving is the fall decor and the family feel from all of the repeat guests and delicious aromas that come from the kitchen. The turkey entree and pumpkin souffle are on the menu every year but appetizers and side dishes change from year to year with not-so-traditional delights like Maine crab and butternut squash cake.
- Course 1: Maine crab and butternut squash cake with a vermouth beurre blanc
- Course 2: Shaved brussel sprout salad with pecans and dried cranberries
- Course 3: Sweet potato, rutabaga and green apple soup with a maple cream
- Course 4: Rosemary-roasted turkey with an apple-sausage stuffing and scallion smashed potatoes
- Course 5: Pumpkin soufflé with a spiced crème anglaise
The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls has been serving a hearty Thanksgiving dinner to guests since they first opened over 25 years ago. Innkeeper Ellen Grinsfelder, loves sharing Thanksgiving with dinner guests (one in three of which are return visitors) and generations of family and friends.
At Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, the holiday food and fun doesn’t end at Thanksgiving. The inn offers gingerbread house and cookie decorating classes leading up to Christmas and a special New Year’s Eve dinner.
- Your choice of potato-leek soup or spinach salad w/dried cranberries, red onions, toasted hazelnuts & roasted pear vinaigrette
- Select one entrée from: honey glazed ham with pineapple chutney, slow cooked turkey breast with garlic-shallot pan gravy, pan roasted salmon with orange-cranberry marmalade, or herb seared pork chop with plum glaze
- Side dishes include brown butter sweet potatoes, chive mashed potatoes, steamed baby green beans and sage stuffing
- Choose a decadent dessert of either maple-pecan pie or traditional pumpkin pie
Niagara Falls, NY
Chef Mark and his staff have been serving Thanksgiving dinner at the Red Coach Inn for over 30 years. This year, the inn expects about 300 guests to come for dinner, with about 25% of that group being repeat customers.
- Appetizers: Butternut squash soup, hush puppy corn fritters with dill sauce, crab meat stuffed mushrooms with hollandaise sauce, and deviled eggs
- Turkey dinner – Oven-roasted turkey with traditional stuffing, sour cream and chive mashed potatoes, seasonal veggie medley, ham roasted gravy, and cranberry sauce
- Ham dinner – Smoked applewood ham with warm sweet potatoes, and seasonal veggie medley
- Pork chop dinner – Grilled french pork chop with apple cranberry chutney, seasonal veggie medley, and sour cream and chive mashed potatoes
- Duck Dinner – Roasted half Virginia duckling with apple cranberry chutney, rice pilaf, and seasonal veggie medley
- Desserts: Bread pudding, pecan pie, lemon meringue pie, pumpkin praline cheesecake, pumpkin walnut tart, pumpkin pie tart, apple streusel pie, apple cream cheese tart
The Woodbine Hotel and Restaurant has been serving traditional Thanksgiving dinner since 1999. About 60-70% of diners are repeat guests who come from all over the state of Texas to enjoy the delicious feast. Innkeeper Susan Warmuth’s favorite part about serving up Thanksgiving dinner is being able to spread joy and make new memories with original family recipes. Last year, the inn served Thanksgiving dinner to 194 guests!
To prepare for the local Christmas parade and upcoming holiday season, the inn’s restaurant closes the weekend after Thanksgiving to assemble over 10,000 Christmas lights and other decorations.
Thanksgiving Buffet Menu
By Candice Pederson
- Entrees: Carved roast turkey and ham, roast sirloin of beef, shrimp tortellini alfredo, fried cod fish
- Sides: Scalloped corn, green bean casserole, brussels sprouts and cauliflower, candied sweet potatoes and marshmallows, mashed potatoes, giblet and plain gravy, cornbread stuffing, salad, tomato parmesan salad, cucumber salad and pecan grape salad
- Desserts: Pumpkin pie, pecan pie, coconut cream pie, key lime pie, double chocolate cream pie, lemon layer meringue pie, triple chocolate cake