BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection
Professionally Inspected & Certified
Located in the heart of Lancaster County, the Smithton Inn has been welcoming guests for over 246 years, but don't worry, the Inn doesn't feel like a museum! We strive to combine historic charm with a comfortable and cozy atmosphere. Restaurants, shops and historic sites are all close jaunts from the Smithton Inn, making it ideally situated to explore everything Lancaster County has to offer. Amenities include: - A delicious breakfast each morning - Flat Screen Cable TV / DVDs in EVERY guest room - Hair dryers, makeup mirrors & full length mirrors - Wireless Internet access and free local telephone calls - Concierge and activity recommendations and planning - Movies, books and games available to borrow - One pet-friendly suite available Our well-appointed guestrooms feature: - A temperpedic-top bed with fine linens and lots of pillows - A working fireplace and sitting area with desk - A private bathroom, some with jetted spa tub and shower - Spa-quality towels and robes - Antiques & handcrafted furniture throughout
- Queen pillow-top bed, quaint sitting area with fireplace - 32" Flat Screen TV / DVD player - Private bathroom with shower - First floor for easy access - Two luxuriously soft robes - Writing desk, refrigerator and alarm clock radio with iPod docking station - Garden View
- Queen pillow-top, four poster canopy bed, sitting area with fireplace - 27" Flat Screen TV / DVD player - Private bathroom with shower - Two luxuriously soft robes - Writing desk, refrigerator and alarm clock radio with iPod docking station
- Queen pillow-top canopy bed, sitting area with fireplace - 27" Flat Screen TV / DVD player - Private bathroom with tub and shower - Spa bath robes - Writing desk, refrigerator and alarm clock radio with iPod docking station
- Queen pillow-top bed, sitting area with fireplace - 27" Flat Screen TV / DVD player - Private bathroom with tub and shower - Two spa robes - Writing desk, refrigerator and alarm clock radio with iPod docking station
- Queen pillow-top four poster bed, sitting area with fireplace - 27" Flat Screen TV / DVD player - Private bathroom with jacuzzi tub and shower - Two spa bath robes - Writing desk, refrigerator and alarm clock radio with iPod docking station
- King pillow-top canopy bed, extra large sitting area with fireplace - Private bathroom with heated floor, double whirlpool tub and rain shower - Two luxuriously soft robes - Writing desk, refrigerator and alarm clock radio with iPod docking station - 32 inch flat-screen TV and DVD player
- Three-room retreat with private entrance, kitchenette and living room with fireplace - Pets allowed with prior arrangement (see conditions) - Queen pillow-top canopy bed with additional built-in single bed - Sofa bed (double) in living room - Private bathroom with spa tub and shower - Two luxuriously soft robes - Alarm clock radio with iPod docking station - 2 32 inch flat-screen TVs and DVD players
5 on July 20, 2014
What can I say about Rebecca and David and the best B&B my husband and I have ever stayed in, where do I start. We found ourselves in Ephrata as a last minute decision. We were going to stay at a Hampton Inn but they were full so they referred us to the Smithton Inn. WOW!!!!! .... what we thought was bad luck on our part turned out to be the best bad luck we have ever had. We stayed in the red room. The bed was so comfy and the room was spacious and very charming. Rebecca and David were nice and hospitable, it was like going home to visit family. Rebecca told us that she likes to cook, and the proof was in her cooking, the best breakfast EVER!!!!!!!! We enjoyed the Smithton Inn so much we have planed to return in September for our birthdays.
5 on July 16, 2014
My mother and I visited the Smithton Inn during a visit to Ephrata for a bridal shower. I had seen the inn before on prior visits to the area, but staying there was such a wonderful experience. THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!!! Make sure that you come hungry to breakfast! The rooms are adorably decorated and very traditional to the area! Enjoy your stay, and the innkeepers can help you find any activities to do in the area!
5 on July 13, 2014
Great stay Breakfast was very special and home made. Rebecca and David were wonderful.
3.8 on July 11, 2014
Location convenient for sightseeing. Home is very meticulously furnished and cared for, loved the garden.
4.8 on July 09, 2014
I spent the past 4th of July weekend with my family(wife and a 6 year old son) in the Smithon Inn in Ephrata. We had very relaxing time in this historic yet beautifully restored and conveniently located inn. All rooms seem to have colored theme and ours was the "Red Room". The inn itself had a personal feeling of being in a neighbor's home with all the modern necessities and was immaculately clean. Breakfasts were well proportioned and high-level. The innkeeper and her colleague were both very friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding areas. They even setup a separate bed for my son sensibly during our absence. The location of the inn was an added plus. It's near the main road leading to both the country side and the downtown Lititz and Lancaster. I would repeat and recommend it to others without hesitation.
4.8 on June 09, 2014
Rebecca and David are very nice, polite and helpful and will try to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Rooms are clean, spacious and well equipped. Blue and chocolate room face the street so you might find red room more quiet. They put the second B into B&B at Smithton Inn, because your day will start with AMAZING breakfast. I would´t hesitate to stay there again!!
4.6 on June 06, 2014
My husband and I very much enjoyed our time at The Smithton Inn, which was our base as we explored Lancaster County. We would happily stay there again. A description from their website says it is a place “where historic charm combines with modern comfort and convenience” and we found this to be true. It has the interest and character of an inn that is 250 years old, but our room (The Yellow Room) had amenities we expect more from a hotel, such as a flat panel TV and a small fridge. Each room has a working fireplace with an engineered log provided each day. One cool evening we appreciated watching the fire as we sipped our wine. The bed was comfortable and the breakfasts delicious, enhanced with plenty of good conversation. Rebecca was a pleasant host who was readily available to provide guidance about the area. A few things that were fine with us, but some of you might want to know: The Inn is on a fairly busy street (small town busy), resulting in some traffic and noise. There are good restaurants within easy driving distance, but little within walking distance. They have a well-behaved dog, which for us was a bonus.
4.4 on June 06, 2014
Very nice and relaxing stay and great amenities...even a movie collection! Very personable and comfortable place.
4.0 on June 02, 2014
The accommodation and location are hidden gems for an uncommercialised and fascinating side of America. Great value, overwhelming breakfast and perfect base for travelling around Dutch county. Barbara & Colin
5 on May 31, 2014
This inn was such a vital part of our country's early history. Built in 1763 at an important crossroad in Pennsylvania, it has greeted travelers for 251 years. Aside from the history aspect, the inn is owned & operated by such a delightful couple, Rebecca & Dave. The plain Amish-style decor in our yellow room was beautiful. Amenities included with the room were locally made treats. Such comfortable beds with microfiber sheets, too. Makes one want to stay in bed, but don't. A delicious breakfast awaits---very, very good breakfast! Try sitting on the front porch or in one of the various areas of the backyard or in the cozy parlor---so relaxing. This inn is one of our favorites & the owners are a large part of making this such a desirable inn. Bill & Molly from Kentucky
Countryside, Small town
Philadelphia, PA (PHL) 64 miles
Amusement Park, Antique Shopping, Art Galleries, Historical interests, Museum, National/State parks, Antique Shops, Ephrata Cloister, Buggy Rides, Green Dragon, Amish Farms, Shops and Attractions, Outlet Malls, Performing Theater, Religious Services, River, Vineyard, Winery
Bed and Breakfast, Historic Inn
Board games, Computer, In-room internet, Fax Machine, Internet Service, Library, Piano, Telephone, Videos, Washer/dryer, Wi-Fi , One suite has private entrance and is pet-friendly, Hand-sewn quilts on every bed, Flat Screen cable TV in every room
Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Amenities Basket, Bath robes, CD player, DVD Player, Desk, Fireplace, Fridge, Hairdryer, Hot tub/whirlpool tub, Ironing Board, Radio, Satellite/Cable TV, TV
Rebecca & David Gallagher
A little French
2 Cats , 1 Dog
Rebecca and Dave love cooking, traveling and entertaining. They love to sail and used to own a 38 foot Beneteau. Ask Dave what it's like to sail UP the Mississippi! Rebecca runs and bikes to stay in shape. She's done 9 marathons, including Big Sur in California. Their eleven year old son, Patrick, will be helping out in the B&B as well... whenever he's not playing baseball that is!
Baked Eggs in a Ham Cup with Cheesy Polenta
This dish is as yummy to look at as it is to eat! It's the first dish we served back in June and it's been a guest favorite ever since.