1. Cut cold butter into chunks, return to chill in fridge.
2. In an electric mixer bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt & ¾ cup granulated sugar.
3. On low speed, mix in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs & begins to come together. This step takes several minutes.
4. Add in walnuts.
5. Drain canned pears, reserving liquid.
6. Measure dried cranberries into a microwave safe dish. Add the reserved pear juice just until cranberries are covered. Heat 2 minutes, drain.
7. In a large bowl, mix pears, cranberries & ¼ cup granulated sugar.
8. Divide fruit amongst twenty 8-oz ramekins.
9. Cover each ramekin with topping. Freeze any spare pre-made topping.
10. Set aside appropriate number of crisps you need and freeze any extras.
11. Bake at 375 degrees for approx. 30 minutes until juices are bubbly, pears are tender when pierced & topping is golden brown.