Carrot & Brie Soup
- 3 quart Chicken Stock
- 1 fl oz vegetable oil
- 1 oz peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 10 oz French Brie (outside removed)
- some whipped whip cream
- julienne of carrots (very fine strips)
- finely chopped chives
- Place pan on medium heat, add oil. Add garlic, onion, ginger and carrots and sweat them until onions are glazy. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer until carrots are done. Put in blender and puree for 3-5 minutes, return to heat, and bring to a boil again. Take 3/4 of the Brie, cut it up, and add it to the soup. Season with salt and pepper. Strain the soup.
- Serve with a soup plate, garnished with pieces of Brie alternating with julienne of carrots. In the middle place a tablespoon of whipped cream, topped with finely chopped chives.