Carrot & Brie Soup
- Chicken Stock
- vegetable oil
- peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- onion, peeled and chopped
- carrots, peeled and chopped
- French Brie (outside removed)
- whipped whip cream
- julienne of carrots (very fine strips)
- finely chopped chives
- Place pan on medium heat, add oil. Add garlic, onion, ginger and carrots and sweat them until onions are glazy. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer until carrots are done. Put in blender and puree for 3-5 minutes, return to heat, and bring to a boil again. Take 3/4 of the Brie, cut it up, and add it to the soup. Season with salt and pepper. Strain the soup.
- Serve with a soup plate, garnished with pieces of Brie alternating with julienne of carrots. In the middle place a tablespoon of whipped cream, topped with finely chopped chives.