French Quarter Fudge Pie
- 1 12 oz. package chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tia Maria liqueur or almond extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans, divided use
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Melt chocolate chips into a syrup. Set aside. Mix together sugar, coffee, and Tia Maria/almond extract. Add melted butter; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time. Pour in melted chocolate chips. Add flour and pecans. Mix until smooth and pour into unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool 2 hours before cutting.
- Serve with whipped cream, and large steamy mug of cafe eau lait!