OYSTER ROCKEFELLER SOUP
- 1 quart oysters
- 2 diced onions
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 bags fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped
- OR 2 pkgs frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 can chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 750ml bottle dry white wine (drink the rest while you're cooking!)
- Pernod or Herbsaint, to taste
- OR substitute ½ teaspoon ground anise seeds
Strain oysters, saving their liquid. Puree in processor/blender. In large sauce pan, add white wine, pureed oysters, oyster liquid, onions and celery. Cook 10 minutes on medium heat.
Add chicken stock, seafood seasoning and whipping cream. Whisk together thoroughly. Cook 10 minutes on low heat, add spinach, stir-in. Add liquor and serve.