The Hartstone Inn has been serving a five-course Thanksgiving dinner for 16 years. Innkeeper Meghan Small’s favorite part of Thanksgiving is the fall decor and the family feel from all of the repeat guests and delicious aromas that come from the kitchen. The turkey entree and pumpkin souffle are on the menu every year but appetizers and side dishes change from year to year with not-so-traditional delights like Maine crab and butternut squash cake.
- Course 1: Maine crab and butternut squash cake with a vermouth beurre blanc
- Course 2: Shaved brussel sprout salad with pecans and dried cranberries
- Course 3: Sweet potato, rutabaga and green apple soup with a maple cream
- Course 4: Rosemary-roasted turkey with an apple-sausage stuffing and scallion smashed potatoes
- Course 5: Pumpkin soufflé with a spiced crème anglaise