We reserve the right to remove any content contributed to this website by innkeepers, guests or any other user of the website (each a “user”) which does not meet the following guidelines. Guest reviews, innkeeper responses and any other content submitted by a user are the subjective opinions of the user who posted the content. They are not our opinions and are not endorsed by us. BedandBreakfast.com, Inc. (“BedandBreakfast.com”) has no independent knowledge of and therefore expresses no opinion regarding the accuracy of the content provided by our users. BedandBreakfast.com does not represent or warrant the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.
No user of this website may contribute any content (including, but not limited to property listings, reviews and responses) which violate the following guidelines:
- The content must be directly related to its purpose. Examples include:
- Property listing descriptions must relate to the property and information that would be useful to a guest.
- Reviews of a property must focus on the guest’s experience with the property, which will typically focus on the stay but may address other factors relating to the booking process.
- Content posted in a forum must be relevant to the purpose of the forum and discussion.
- The content must not infringe anyone’s rights, violate the law or otherwise be inappropriate. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Personal information that can be used to identify or contact any person;
- Promotional content that would promote other websites, businesses, services or products unaffiliated with this website; and
- Obscene, abusive, discriminatory, or illegal content.
- Listings and reviews should be objective and accurate.
- Users who post content must have all legal rights to post the content.
- Users cannot post a review or response to blackmail or attempt to extort innkeepers or guests for money. The reviews are for the benefit of future guests, not to allow one party to threaten the other.
BedandBreakfast.com reserves the right to edit any content, length, tone, and/or appropriateness, and/or verify a guest’s stay at a property reviewed, and to reject or omit any review, in whole or in part.
To review a property, the guest must meet the following requirements:
- The guest reviewing a property must be able to provide evidence that the guest stayed at the property displayed on the listing (which must be the same property being reviewed).
- The guest must validate his or her identity or email as requested when submitting the review. A review may be written by any member of the booking party.
- Only one member of the booking party for any one stay at a property may write a review.
- A guest may contact Customer Support if he/she wishes to update or remove their review. Please note that we can only remove the review so that a new review can be resubmitted. We are not able to make any changes on a guest’s behalf.
- The guest must be at least 18 years of age.
- An innkeeper may not review his/her own property.
- A review must be submitted within one year of the date of stay.
- Guests may only post one (1) review per property per every three (3) months.
- BedandBreakfast.com can only post reviews submitted directly from guests, not those submitted on guests’ behalf by the innkeeper or employees of a property.
- Please note that the content of your review could subject you to liability if a person or business feels it is defamatory or damages their reputation.
- In the event of legal action pertaining to user-contributed content, we will remove the content pending resolution provided that appropriate documentation and proof is provided to us. Such content may be restored if the matter is resolved against the complaining party. Contact Customer Support if you have commenced such a legal action and want to request that we remove the user contributed content.
If you see a review or response that does not conform to the above guidelines, please contact Customer Support. We will investigate reported abuse and remove any content that we determine, in our sole discretion, violate any of these guidelines.
These Content Guidelines were last updated on April 7, 2014.