BedandBreakfast.com Gift Card Program Terms and Conditions
BedandBreakfast.com, Inc. ("B&B.com," “we” or “us”) sponsors a Gift Card Program ("Program") in accordance with these terms and conditions ("Terms"). All Innkeepers who participate in the Program are subject to these Terms. When used in these Terms, the words “Innkeeper,” “Member,” "You" and "your" refer to the participating innkeeper. Eligible members who participate in this Program are able to resell Redemption Products or accept Redemption Products.
- This Program is currently available to all B&B.com Members in good standing with bed and breakfasts and inns in the United States and Canada. We reserve the right to remove a property from the Program at any time in our discretion for any reason.
- The Program currently includes the Getaway Gift Card®. We reserve the right to change the Redemption Products made available in the Program at any time.
- You will honor the Redemption Products at all times, for full face value, without restrictions, as payment for all qualifying services (i.e. lodging, meals, special packages, gift shop items, gratuities, service charges, etc.) that you offer, from any holder of a Redemption Product (each a “Guest”). There is a maximum redemption of USD $500 in Redemption Product value per Reservation. In addition to these Terms, you will abide by all terms and conditions of the respective Redemption Product.
- The Redemption Products can be sold only for the amount credited to the card at the time of purchase. No service fees are allowed. Redemption Products cannot be advertised or sold at discount rates or reduced prices.
- When accepting Redemption Products, you will charge the same prices to Redemption Product holders as your posted and publicly advertised rates and offers and will accept reservations from Redemption Product holders on the same basis as you would from all other guests. Redemption Products are fully transferable. For Redemption Products issued after November 3, 2015 you are not obligated to accept Redemption Products in combination with special offers or additional discounts, for group services including accommodations and catering for weddings and other large functions. Some Redemption Products from Costco have restrictions regarding how many Redemption Products can be used per stay; for these Redemption Products, please refer to the terms and conditions printed on the back of the Redemption Product, which will explain how many Redemption Products can be used per stay. You may not accept the BedandBreakfast.com Online Reservations Gift Card sold in Costco warehouses. The BedandBreakfast.com Online Reservations Gift Card sold at Costco is only redeemable online at BedandBreakfast.com (the “Site”). Guests should look for properties with the orange “Book now” button.
- You will not discriminate in any manner against Guests holding Redemption Products. You will provide professional quality services and products to all Guests and will comply with all laws and regulations applicable to your business.
- You will review all Redemption Products presented by Guests to confirm that they are authentic and valid based by logging in to your Home Base on the Site. We will pay you eighty percent (80%) of the redeemed amount of the Redemption Products.
- Payments to Innkeepers with properties in United States: Payments are made either via Direct Deposit (officially known as Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)) to your U.S. bank account within four (4) business days for properties located in the United States. Properties in the U.S. (only) can opt to receive a check within thirty (30) business days for a fee of USD $10 00 (the “Check Fee”). For Redemption Products mailed together, one (1) check will be issued and only one (1) Check Fee will apply. Only Members are eligible for the Direct Deposit (EFT) program. Payments to Innkeepers with properties in Canada: Properties located in Canada must provide Canadian or U.S. banking information and select a payment currency of either Canadian Dollars (CAD) or U.S. Dollars (USD). All payments to Canadian properties will be based on eighty percent (80%) of the USD amount of the Redemption Product redeemed. For properties selecting payment in CAD, the currency conversion rate on payments to you will be determined by Wells Fargo Bank N.A., on the date that the transfer is processed. B&B.com is not responsible for any banking fees related to the transfer.
- Guests must wait to redeem Redemption Products seven (7) days or more after purchase. All Redemption Products are priced in U.S. Dollars. For Redemption Products redeemed in Canada, the property accepting them is responsible for calculating the value of the Redemption Products in Canadian Dollars.
- If the total cost of the "qualifying services" you provide to a Guest is less than the face value of the Redemption Products redeemed by the Guest, you can (i) print a receipt for the Guest with their transaction number (for tracking purposes) and the new balance, (ii) print a Redemption Product, or (iii) give them an authorization number and balance amount. Where applicable, if the value remaining on the Redemption Product is less than ten dollars (USD $10) and the Guest requests a refund, you must refund the value remaining on the Redemption Product.
- You are responsible for all taxes, duties, fees, and assessments arising out of your participation in the Program.
- You may withdraw from the Program at any time upon seven (7) days written notice to us. If you withdraw from the Program, you may not sign up again for the remainder of your Site membership year unless we otherwise consent in writing at our sole discretion.
- We may terminate the Program at any time by providing you with thirty (30) days written notice. However, you and B&B.com agree to honor, in accordance with these Terms, any Redemption Products purchased by Guests prior to termination of the Program.
- If you violate any of these Terms or engage in any act that damages the integrity or goodwill of the Program, the Site, or B&B.com, your participation in the Program and your Site membership can be terminated immediately without prior notice and without refund.
- You expressly acknowledge and agree that you are acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee or agent of B&B.com, and that nothing contained in these Terms constitutes a partnership or a joint venture between you and B&B.com. You will have no right or authority to bind or obligate B&B.com in any manner whatsoever and you may not expressly or impliedly incur any liability or obligation on behalf of B&B.com.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that provision will not apply to the extent invalid or unenforceable in such jurisdiction, but will not affect the remainder of these Terms. To the extent legally permissible, such deleted provision will be treated as if it were replaced by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely corresponds to the intent of the original provision.
- All issues and disputes regarding these Terms, or the rights and obligations of the parties, will be governed by the substantive laws of the State of Texas without reference to conflicts principles.
- B&B.com reserves the right to change the terms of the Program at any time, for any reason. B&B.com will give a minimum of seven (7) days notice for any such significant program changes.
- B&B.com is not liable for lost or stolen Redemption Products. Redemption Products are issued by CardFact, Ltd. or an affiliate thereof.
- B&B.COM MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE REDEMPTION PRODUCTS, AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. IN NO EVENT WILL B&B.COM BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM OR LOSS INCURRED BY YOU (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, EXPENDITURES, LOSS OF GOODWILL) REGARDLESS OF WHETHER B&B.COM HAS BEEN INFORMED OF, KNEW OF, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION IN THE AGGREGATE. GUEST AGREES THAT B&B.COM’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE SUM OF ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (USD $100.00).
Last Updated: November 1, 2015