Located on the southwest corner of Hayward Avenue and Knapp street, three blocks south of the Iowa State campus, Iowa House was built in 1924 as the Delta Chi Fraternity House. In 2008 it was transformed by massive renovation into an Inn with a living room, dining room, Chapter Room and 15 state-of-the-art guest rooms.
Room 303, one of our two loft suites, has a spiral staircase leading up to a loft with a full-sized futon. It connects to Room 305 to make a two-bedroom suite that sleeps six. Great for families and perfect if you like lots of space!
Our beautifully decorated Living Room is a comfy place to sit and chat with friends or use your computer with our high speed internet.
Our fireplace adds warmth and ambience to the Living Room!
Our freshly made, full breakfast will start your morning off right!
Spacious north-facing Room 203 features black & white photo art by George Christensen, former ISU Vet Med Dean and Vice President for Academic Affairs. This room is great for extended stays with its large clothing wardrobe, Avanti fridge & microwave unit, whirlpool tub & shower and our daily hot country breakfast.
Our guests say they enjoy recliners, so we've added them to most rooms. Our comfy new desk chairs roll and swivel and have a seat height adjustment.
Our rooms have beautifully constructed private bathrooms, most with whirlpool tub and shower combinations like this one!
Loft Suite 301 faces east and has a spiral staircase up to a loft with a full-sized futon and its own flat screen TV. Great for families.
Room 201 has two lovely east-facing windows.
Room 306 faces west overlooking the Iowa State Southwest Athletic Complex.
Room 302 is at the top northeast corner of the house, overlooking our landscaped front lawn.
Room 204 has windows facing south and west for sunset views and watercolor art by Iowa artist Ken Smith.
Relax after a long day in one of our whirlpool tubs!
Our Dining Room is always full of snacks and drinks to enjoy during your stay.
• Built in 1924 as the Delta Chi Fraternity house.
• Became a small hotel in a massive renovation in 2007-2008.
• Guest rooms have private baths, most with whirlpool tubs.
• Breakfast (included) is served in our dining room 7-9 am weekdays and 8-10 am Saturday and Sunday.
• Free high speed internet.
• Free parking.
• Great for campus visits, reunions, small weddings, family gatherings and business travelers.
• Located in the "Campustown" area of Ames, convenient to Central Campus, restaurants and shops, Jack Trice Stadium, Hilton Coliseum, Iowa State Center, CY Stephens Auditorium, Fisher theater and The Lied Recreation Center.