Innkeepers Resource Library
Some of the files in this innkeepers' area require Adobe Acrobat® Reader™. For a free download, please go to:
Business Information & Reading
- ADR and RevPAR: Why do I care?
- Are you ready for a crisis?
- Aspiring Innkeepers: Is Innkeeping for Me?
- Attracting more guests in a down economy
- B&B Industry Background
- B&B Industry FAQ
- B-roll: Why bother with it?
- Branding and Promoting Your Inn
- Branding Hospitality
- Business Traveler-Friendly B&Bs
- Credit Card Processing Update
- Distribute a Press Release, How-to
- Does Your Image Represent Your Inn?
- Enhancing Repeat & Referral Business
- Five PR Pitching Secrets
- Getting more reservations
- Getting on National Television Shows
- Gift card/certificate liability, BedandBreakfast.com
- Hand-crafted Marketing
- High-resolution Photography and B-roll
- How Do Your Rates and Revenues Compare?
- How to Become an Editor's Pick
- How to Thrive, Not Just Survive, in Difficult Financial Times
- Insider’s Guide to Getting Great Coverage in Magazines, Newspapers, Radio and TV
- Insuring Your Inn: What Kind of Policy is Best for You?
- Lemonade Innkeepers in a Lemon Economy
- Marketing for Masters
- Marketing Tune-up: A Five-step Action Plan
- Media Requests with a Short Deadline
- Multi-Channel Marketing
- Organizing Your Press List
- Packages: why bother to create them?
- PAII's Industry Study of Operations and Finance, 2007-2008
- Photography: Essential Marketing Tool
- Photography: Importance of having professional shots on hand
- Preparing You and Your Inn for Sale
- Press contact list, how to organize
- Press Releases, Best Time to Send
- Press Releases, Getting the Media to Use
- Pricing & Promoting Rooms for Maximum Occupancy
- Publicity Leads
- Publicity Lead: What is it and how can it benefit me?
- Publicity Primer
- Publicity: B-roll, once you've got it, flaunt it
- Publicity: Radio/TV advertising for B&B Associations
- Publicity: how to capture it
- Publicity: importance of
- Publicity: why bother?
- Responding to Publicity Leads
- Return on investment (ROI)
- Reviews = Reservations
- Reviews, the real FAQs
- Room descriptions, why they matter, how to write
- Selling message: is it selling you enough?
- Survey results, innkeepers: May 2008
- Survey results, innkeepers: Summer 2008
- Survey results, innkeepers: October 2008
- Survey results, innkeepers: March 2009
- Survey results, innkeepers: July 2009
- Ten Top Marketing Goals
- Too Many Options? The New Realities
- Top 12 Reasons and Misperceptions for Online Reservations
- Track Media Coverage, How to
- Travel writers, how to know they're legit
- Twenty Step Checklist to Guest Comfort
- Videos, importance of and here
- Websites that Work: Seven Elements of an Effective Site
We asked innkeepers…
- How have you networked with area inns, local corporations and educational institutions to increase publicity and reservations?
- What is the funniest thing that ever happened at your inn?
- What are you doing to attract guests within driving distance of your inn?
- What has been your biggest innkeeping challenge?
- Do you allow pets at your inn?
- Please share your thoughts on hosting guests with pets—what works and what doesn't.
- Comments about the "Golden Rule for Innkeepers"
- How are you responding to the last-minute travel trend?
- What have you learned by staying at other B&Bs?
- What are your pet peeves about your guests?
- What have been your experiences with niche marketing?
- How have you used guest feedback to improve your inn
- If you could magically change one thing about your inn, what would it be?
- Tell us about hosting weddings at your inn
- Top ten reasons I like being an innkeeper
- Do you welcome children at your B&B?
- What highlights your day as an innkeeper?
- What are your favorite getaways?
- What’s the most romantic thing that ever happened at your B&B?
- Have you hosted any military personnel before or after Iraqi deployment?
- Innkeepers' stories about Hurricane Katrina
- How do you handle "problem guests"—those who are loud, rowdy or don’t follow the rules?
- What is the nicest/funniest thank-you gift you've ever received from a guest?
- What are your best housekeeping tips for removing stains, scratches, nicks and tears?
- Tell us when you realized you were really an innkeeper.
- What can you do when nothing you do makes a guest happy?
- Have high gas prices affected your summer reservations? If so, what have you done about it?
- Have you had any wonderful – or horrible – Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday experiences with your guests? Tell all!
- How do you answer the question, "Is it a quiet room?"
- Do you remember your “first time?” What was most memorable about the first time you hosted people at your inn?
- Do you think attending innkeeper conferences is worthwhile? Why or why not?
- Many B&Bs are leading the way with environmentally friendly practices; what do you do to promote a green environment?
- What's the silliest question you've ever been asked by a guest?
- What are some of your breakfast-time triumphs and disasters?
- When did you know you were really an innkeeper?
- Why did you take the plunge into innkeeping?
- What was your most embarrassing moment as an innkeeper?
- What have you done to soundproof your guest rooms?
- What are some stories of romance – touching, funny, or anywhere in between – experienced at your inn?
- What is the funniest moment you've ever shared with a guest?
- Gas prices are up, the dollar is down, and vacation travel may be affected. Are you planning any special marketing to keep your occupancy strong?
- What are the small touches and special amenities at your inn that guests rave about?
- What are your suggestions for the 10 things that make your inn green?
- Do you solicit tips? Why or why not? If you do, how do you go about it?
- Does your 24/7 job ever get to you? How do you combat innkeeping burnout?
- What are some of your favorite holiday memories at your inn?
- Have you started a blog, or do you plan to start one? Why or why not? Are you happy with the results of having one?
- What are your best stories connected with April Fools' Day or Mothers Day?
- Do you cater to the Gen X/Y/Milennial demographic? If so, how?
Time for a Smile
Recipe of the Month
From the consumer's point of view
An Innkeeper's Discretion
Breakfast with Tom: The Stories
The Experts Speak: The Definitive Compendium of Authoritative Misinformation
Molvania: A Land Untouched by Modern Dentistry
PAII Industry Marketing Study
Spam Not in a Can