BedandBreakfast.com Press Room
Welcome to the BedandBreakfast.com Press Room!
You’ve found an extensive media resource for information on B&Bs, country and urban inns, and small hotels worldwide. Here you will find BedandBreakfast.com press releases, statistics, trends, survey data and FAQs on the B&B industry, story ideas for both B&B travelers and innkeepers, and themed and itinerary travel information.
Attention journalists and researchers: If you are interested in a particular topic relating to B&Bs or B&B travel, are in search of B&B photography, video, or story ideas contact:
For broadcast media, HD B-roll of bed and breakfasts is available here.
BedandBreakfast.com™ Facts and Figures
BedandBreakfast.com, based in Austin, Texas, is the most comprehensive global site for finding bed and breakfast properties, with more than 12,000 properties worldwide, representing nearly 80,000 rooms. It is owned by HomeAway, Inc., the worldwide leader in online vacation rentals. BedandBreakfast.com helps travelers find and book the ideal B&B or small inn through informative descriptions, photos, and more than 210,000 consumer reviews. BedandBreakfast.com offers convenient gift cards welcomed at more than 4,000 B&Bs in the United States and Canada, with no restrictions or blackout dates.
B&B Traveler Trends
- Largest bed and breakfast website, with more than 12,000 B&Bs, inns, and boutique hotels
- 8,000+ in the U.S.
- 4,000+ outside of the U.S.
- Benefits of BedandBreakfast.com
- Largest selection of B&Bs, inns and boutique hotels
- 215,000+ reviews
- 100,000+ photos
- Best price guarantee
- Free to travelers
- Nearly 400 Diamond Collection properties, an exclusive group of professionally inspected and guest-reviewed luxury inns that offer private bathrooms, 24-hour access to service or staff, free Internet, flexible check-in or guaranteed late arrival, and maintain a 4.0 out of 5.0 or higher consumer review rating on BedandBreakfast.com.
- 4,000+ properties accept BedandBreakfast.com Gift Cards, which have no expiration or blackout dates, no additional fees, and never reduce in value.
- 1,800+ properties accept online reservations.
- Three out of four travelers (75%) are planning one or more weekend getaways this winter
- Nearly three out of four plan to return to a destination they have visited previously (74%)
- Nearly half plan
to stay in a bed and breakfast, with two out of three planning to stay
in a different B&B for new experiences
- Looking back over
the past year, the survey also found more than a quarter of travelers
(27%) have stayed in more B&Bs this year than last
- Three out of four
(76%) say bed and breakfasts, which generally offer free breakfast,
parking, WiFi, and other amenities, provide more value than hotels
- Of those planning weekend getaways this winter, nearly three out of four seek value and affordable accommodations (72%)
- Besides price and location, B&B travelers look to the following when deciding where to stay:
Consumer reviews (50%)
- Photos (47%)
- Friends’ recommendations (46%)
- Flexible cancellations policy (43%)
- Ability to book online (43%).
- Most important B&B amenities include:
Free onsite parking (54%)
- Flexible check-in (50%)
- Free breakfast (47%)
- Three out of four are couples and between the ages of 35-65
- 85 percent of B&B travelers drive to their destination
- Almost half of trips are within 150-250 miles
Myths and Facts about B&Bs
B&Bs lack privacy.
While meeting the many wonderful innkeepers and inngoers are a big
reason travelers choose B&Bs, most are also more than accommodating
when it comes to guest privacy. With almost all B&Bs offering rooms
with private bathrooms and many providing flexible dining hours and
private or semi-private dining options, staying in a B&B provides an
exceptional experience for guests seeking a relaxing weekend getaway.
Guests respect one another’s privacy and innkeepers work hard to provide
gracious hospitality and give you as much privacy as you need. Many
B&Bs have private entrances, separate cottages or carriage houses,
for those want an option to the main house.
B&B means sharing a bathroom with others.
Back in the day, B&Bs were practically defined as places where you
could rent out a room quite affordably with shared bathroom facilities.
However, today’s modern B&B industry has evolved to where nearly
all B&Bs, inns, and boutique hotels offer rooms with private
bathrooms. In fact, according to the Professional Association of
Innkeepers International, more than 97 percent of B&Bs offer private
baths in some, if not all rooms. For those looking to economize on
rates, a shared bath option is available in approximately 12 percent of
B&Bs are expensive and don’t offer hotel-like services.
Room rates for B&Bs vary widely, depending upon location, the
property itself, and its amenities. B&Bs, however, are attractive
to many travelers because of the great value for your dollar including
such as free breakfast and other amenities, usually at no extra charge,
like refreshments, Internet, onsite parking, afternoon teas, wine and
cheese hours, and more. Many B&Bs also offer free Internet,
flexible check-in, private pools, spas and spa services, bars, private
balconies, luxury soaps/shampoos, high thread count linens, and much
more, providing 5-star accommodations and service. Travelers are
guaranteed to get these and other amenities at BedandBreakfast.com™
Diamond Collection™ properties, which are professionally inspected and
maintain top consumer reviews.
Finally, B&Bs offer a level of personal customer service often
unmatched by many other lodging alternatives. Innkeepers serve as not
only managers, but as “personal concierges,” offering tips on
restaurants, nearby attractions, and info only locals would know.
B&Bs are mostly older inns in rural areas.
Hardly! Many B&Bs are beautiful Victorian homes and/or listed on
the National Register of Historic Places (many impeccably restored) –
providing unmatched charm and elegance.
At the same time, however, there are über-modern inns located in large
cities. You can find everything at BedandBreakfast.com – from beachside
B&B cottages and quaint mountaintop inns to boutique B&Bs in
the wine country and rustic ranch lodges. Many offer spas, restaurants,
and other services suited for the local area, such as hiking, horseback
riding, or skiing. What you can count on is that B&Bs offer
undiscovered and surprising experiences for the perfect getaway.