The Daisy Polk Inn
Organic Sourdough-Oat Waffles and Pancakes: Breakfast-Brunch
2/3 cup Organic all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Organic oats
2 tablespoons Organic brown sugar
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup Organic whole milk
1 Organic egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup Organic extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Organic cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon Almond extract
1/2 cup Organic blueberries, fresh or frozen (optional)
1/4 cup Organic pecan pieces, toasted (optional)
• In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
• In a measuring glass combine the milk, vinegar, almond extract and vanilla extract; let this mixture stand for at least 20 minutes to fully sour the milk.
• Stir the sour milk, lightly beaten egg and oil into the dry ingredients mixing just until everything is incorporated. (DO NOT OVERMIX)
• Fold in pecans and blueberries. Let stand for at least 5 minutes.
• Bake in a preheated waffle iron or on a griddle until golden brown. Serve warm with organic maple syrup.