Monty Cristo Casserole
- French Bread
- Smoked Ham
- Provolone Cheese
- 8 Eggs
- 1 quart Half & Half
- Shredded Mozerella Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Strawberry or Raspberry Jam
- Slice french bread on the diagonal and make sandwiches with a slice of smoked ham and a slice of provolone cheese.
- Lay the sandwiches in a baking pan (9x13 works well) that you have sprayed with a pan primer.
- Beat 8 eggs with 1 quart of half & half. Pour over the sandwiches, top with a layer of shredded mozarella and let sit overnight or for several hours.
- bake at 325 degrees for about 1 and 1/2 hours until puffed up and light brown. test by inserting a knife in teh center, when it comes out clean the casserole is done.
- To serve, cut into squares, dust with powdered sugar and serve with a side of strawberry or raspberry jam. Fresh fruit is a good side for this casserole.