- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour with baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice by sifting together.
- In a separate bowl, heat sugar and butter/margarine for 30 seconds then cream together thoroughly. Beat eggs, one at a time, into sugar mixture. Stir in the flour mixture and milk alternately. Pour into greased muffin pans. Fill only one-half to two-thirds full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let stand before removing from pan. Makes about 15 medium muffins or a dozen larger ones.