Chicken in Phyllo - The Inn at Occidental
- 5 oz Boneless Chicken
- 2 sheets Phyllo dough (must be at room temperature)
- Fresh Ginger Root (approximately 1/2 tsp)
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Minced Pineapple Sage (regular sage will work)
- 2 tablespoon Melted butter
- Marinate chicken in honey, cinnamon, pineapple sage and freshly grated ginger (a little salt and pepper to taste) at least 5 hours
- Place one sheet of phyllo on work surface and brush lightly with melted butter. Add second layer of phyllo dough and place chicken in center. Carefully fold up edges around chicken.
- Pour approximately one tablespoon of melted butter on "completed package".
- Cook in 450 oven for exactly 12 minutes. Top will be beautifully browned and chicken perfectly cooked.