White Lace Inn Oatmeal Chocolate-Heath Bar Cookies
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 7 cups Quaker Oats old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 - 7 oz. Hershey milk chocolate candy bar, chopped into large pieces
- 6 Heath candy bars, chopped
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Fold this into butter mixture. Add to this the oatmeal, candy bars, and nuts (if using nuts).
- Make large cookies and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes (note: it is best to under-bake a little).
- Also, you can use 1/2 butter - 1/2 margarine. Makes 4 dozen large cookies.