The Parish House Inn
Baked Pears and Plums with Cranberry Suace: Dessert
Prep time:90 minutes
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
6 medium pears
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 2 1/2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, sugar, lemon juice, water, cinnamon and ginger. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Remove from heat.
3. Peel and slice pears; cut plums in half and remove pit. Place fruit in the casserole and pour the cranberry mixture over fruit. Mix gently.
4. Cover and bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until pears are tender.
5. This dish can be made a day ahead and served warm or cold in pretty dishes topped with whipped cream.