Jumbo Sea Scallops w/Potato Gnocci
- 12 Each Jumbo Sea Scallops-Size 10
- 1 lb Asparagus-Blanched in salted water & Chilled in Ice Bath
- 1 lb Potato Gnocchi-Blanched in salted water, chilled and drained
- 1/2 lb Unsalted Butter-chopped at room temperature
- 2 cups White Wine
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Shallot-Chopped
- Kosher Salt
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400¿
1.In a small pot over low heat, place 1 teaspoon of butter and the shallots and sweat for about 4-5 minutes. Add the wine and reduce by ½.
- 2.Add the cream and reduce by ½ again. Strain the mixture into mixing bowl and slowly add the butter to the wine-cream mixture until it is all incorporated. Season with ½ teaspoon of salt and set beside the oven to keep warm. (Do not place on the oven again once the butter is in, the butter will then separate – This is the Beurre Blanc)
- 3.In a small sauté pan over medium heat add about 1 tablespoon of oil. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and place in the pan. Sear on the first side until golden brown and turn. Place in the oven for about 3-4 minutes. Then will be done then.
- 4.While the scallops are in oven heat another sauté pan over medium heat and sauté the gnocchi and the asparagus in a little olive oil until heated through, 3-4 minutes.
- 5.Place the gnocchi-asparagus in the center of plate and scallops on top of the gnocchi. Spoon the Beurre Blanc around the gnocchi and serve.