Mixed Greens Salad w/Basil Vinaigrette
- 8 cups Greens (your favorites or prewashed spring mix)
- 1 cup Fresh Sweet Basil-roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop the lettuce into about 1 inch by 3 inch strips and rinse in a salad spinner or under cold water in a strainer and then drying on paper towels. If using the prewashed greens this step is done.
- Place the basil and the vinegar in about a 5-6 in glass or plastic container and start to puree with an immersion blender. Gradually add the olive in a slow steady stream until all is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cleaned greens in large mixing bowl and drizzle some of the basil vinaigrette over the greens. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well to coat the greens (if looks dry add a little more vinaigrette). Serve family style or individual plates.