- 1 pound boneless cooked pork loin, chopped
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 (14.50-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- In a large saucepan combine pork, cornmeal, chicken broth, thyme and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer about 2 minutes or until mixture is very thick, stirring constantly.
- Line an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan or a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with waxed paper, letting paper extend 3 to 4-inches above top of pan. Spoon pork mixture into pan. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
- Un-mold; cut scrapple into squares.
- Combine flour and pepper; dust squares with flour mixture.
- In large skillet brown scrapple on both sides in a small amount of hot oil.
Makes 12 servings