Iris Meadows Best-Ever Banana Nut Bread
- 1 and ¾ C all purpose flour
- 1 and ½ C sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed – 1 Cup
- ½ C vegetable oil
- ¼ C plus 1 T buttermilk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 in x 5 in x 3 in baking pan. (We often use a pan with 8 little individual loaves and cook half the time.)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf.