Low Country Boil
- 1/2 lb Keilbasa per person
- 1/2 lb Raw shrimp in shell per person
- 3 Red bliss potatoes per person
- 1 ear Corn per person
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Small onions per person (optional)
- 1 Carrot cut into fourths per person (optional)
- 1-2 Crabs per person (optional)
- equal parts cayenne, cloves, garlic, tobasco, black pepper
- equal parts bay leaves, old bay seasoning
- Boil water in a large kettle on stove or outdoor cooker. Season water with salt and your choice of above flavorings along with the juice of two lemons or 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes. Add carrots, sausage and onions. Bring back to a boil. When potatoes and carrots are almost tender, add corn and crabs. Bring to a boil, then add shrimp. Cook a few minutes until shrimp are just done - they will be pink in color. Drain and pour into a basket or onto platters. Have cocktail sauce and Dijon mustard at hand.
- This is a crowd pleaser!