Low Country Boil
- Keilbasa per person
- Raw shrimp in shell per person
- Red bliss potatoes per person
- Corn per person
- Small onions per person (optional)
- Carrot cut into fourths per person (optional)
- Crabs per person (optional)
- cayenne, cloves, garlic, tobasco, black pepper
- bay leaves, old bay seasoning
- Boil water in a large kettle on stove or outdoor cooker. Season water with salt and your choice of above flavorings along with the juice of two lemons or 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes. Add carrots, sausage and onions. Bring back to a boil. When potatoes and carrots are almost tender, add corn and crabs. Bring to a boil, then add shrimp. Cook a few minutes until shrimp are just done - they will be pink in color. Drain and pour into a basket or onto platters. Have cocktail sauce and Dijon mustard at hand.
- This is a crowd pleaser!