Devil's Food Cake
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon organic chocolate flavoring
- 1 tablespoon organic coffee flavoring
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup Dutch cocoa (Droste's or Van Houten)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter and sugar together, add eggs beating after each addition. Add vanilla, chocolate flavor, coffee flavor, beat.
- Mix together sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa. Beat water and buttermilk into egg mixture. Beat in flour mixture.
- Turn into greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake: in glass bundt pan bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes. When done, cake should spring back when pressed with a fingertip.
- Or bake in three 9" cake pans at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. When done, cake should spring back when pressed with a fingertip.