FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FROM BEDandBREAKFAST.COM
CONTACT: Marti Mayne, 207-846-6331, Marti.Mayne@BedandBreakfast.com
Sandy Soule, 203-637-7642, Sandy.Soule@BedandBreakfast.com
VALENTINE'S DAY FOR THE LOVE-LOST - 10 GREAT WAYS TO CELEBRATE
SINGLE-HOOD FROM BEDANDBREAKFAST.COM
The Newly Single (or Soon-to-be Single) Person's Guide to a Great Valentine's Day
Paul Simon's famous song says "there must be fifty ways to leave your lover," but actually lists only lists five. "They say that breaking up is hard to do," sang the Partridge Family, but these B&Bs make Valentine's Day a little easier for jilted lovers and the 89 million single people living in America today.
For a complete list of "Un-Valentines" specials from BedandBreakfast.com member inns, go to http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/Specials.aspx?ctx=S and choose Un-Valentine's Day Specials if you're looking for solace for singles, or Valentine's Day Specials if romance is still on the agenda.
Here are BedandBreakfast.com's ten great ways to celebrate single-hood on Valentine's Day:
1. Best place to say "sayonara" -- Austin Folk House, Austin, TX: Just about every inn has a romance package, but this inn also features an "unromantic" package, better known as "I'm dumping you". This tongue-in-cheek promotion includes everything from "crappy beer" to street vendor roses - all designed to say "I don't care anymore". Info: 866-472-6700 http://austinfolkhouse.com/unromantic.php.
2. Best place to celebrate being single -- Laurel Hill B&B, Atlanta, GA: No need to worry about being single here; there's plenty to do with downtown Atlanta and the entertainment districts of Decatur, Little Five Points, and Virginia Highlands within five miles. Best of all, single rates start at $105 for every room and suite in the inn, some with whirlpool tubs to soak your cares away. Who needs him/her when there are teddy bears to hug and nightlife right out the door? Info: 404-377-3217, www.laurelhillbandb.com.
3. Best place to drown your sorrows -- 1811 House, Manchester, VT: Wander into the 1811 House Pub if you feel the need to forget about him/her, and you'll find one of the most exceptional watering holes along with the widest selection of single malt whiskies in New England and probably the U.S. Those who prefer wine, beer or other spirits will find a full complement of those, too. If innkeeper/owner Bruce Duff is around you'll never be lonely; he'll regale you with stories and entice you with recommendations for the best single malts. Info: 800-432-1811, http://www.1811house.com/pub.html.
4. Best place to forget about him/her -- Avenue Inn B&B, New Orleans: Take advantage of the "Breaking Up is Hard to Do, But I'll Get Over Him" package, where farewell recovery-time is estimated at one fun-filled New Orleans weekend. This package includes three night's accommodations in a quaint room that will accommodate you and a platonic friend in two beds, along with two pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and a voodoo doll with permanent marker to indelibly blazon his or her name, pins included. A copy of "He's Just Not That Into You"; best seller by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo is also included along with shopping coupons, massages, the Southern Comfort Cocktail tour, and much more make this the perfect way to spend Valentine's Day or another weekend forgetting about your "ex." Info: 800-490-8542, www.avenueinnbb.com.
5. Best place to pamper yourself when (s)he won't -
For gals -- Captain Lindsey House, Rockland, ME: Take advantage of the Girls Only Pamper Weekend, designed to offer the "Valentine-less" something to brag about at the water cooler on Monday. February 9-11, 2007, open the inn's red door and ladies will find pure indulgence from massages to pedicures and chocolates, beer tastings and even take-out food. No boys are allowed, so ladies, grab a girlfriend and forget the lack of romantic boyfriends or husbands in your life. This two-night package includes premier accommodations, breakfasts, choice of massage or facial, pedicure, wine and brew tasting, all topped off with "love on the rocks" -- locally made chocolates. The package starts at $350 per person. Info: 800-523-2145, www.lindseyhouse.com.
For guys - Allaire Timbers Inn, Breckenridge, CO: Come here if you want to make a pass or stay in a room named after one:mountain passes that is. This rugged all-log inn is anything but rustic. Close to Breckenridge's Main Street, fabulous skiing is around the corner by day and hot tubs and river rock fireplaces are here by night. The nightlife of Breckenridge is just a stumble down the hill, offering great options for a guy's getaway. Info: 800-624-4904, www.allairetimbers.com.
6. Best place to get on with your life - The Verandas, Wilmington, NC: Take a four-diamond inn and combine it with spoil-you-rotten hospitality, great restaurants, nightlife within walking distance and nearby beaches, and you have the formula for a satisfying "get on with your life" getaway. From the hand-ironed linens to the garden-sized soaking tubs, this inn offers the perfect respite for the wounded heart. Info: 910-251-2212, www.verandas.com.
7. Best place to throw the ring back -- Casa Laguna Inn & Spa, Laguna Beach, CA: If you're really, really sure it's over forever, pitch the ring into the Pacific. Then, gently renew not only your spirits but your skin with an invigorating Papaya Salt Glow Scrub at the in-house spa. Spend the rest of your getaway healing the heartache with luxurious surroundings, gourmet breakfasts, exquisite scenery, and artful amenities. . Info: 800-233-0449, www.casalaguna.com.
8. Best place to sleep in separate beds -- Boston Yacht Haven, Boston, MA: Located at the end of Commercial Wharf, in the heart of Boston's trendy North End and surrounded by views of Boston's harbor and cityscape, you could be sleeping on the couch (again???) and still be happy. This B&B offers rooms with two queen-size beds, leather couches, big screen TVs and Boston's attractions all within walking distance. Balconied rooms overlook Boston Harbor and the marina surrounding the B&B -- the ideal platonic getaway. Info: 617-523-7352, www.bostonyachthaven.com.
9. Best place to get out of the doghouse if you reconsider - Woodstock Inn, Independence, MO: This B&B is located in Independence, but if you decide you don't want yours, consider this inn's "Honey, I'm Really, Really Sorry" package. Featuring a teddy bear holding your "fill in the blanks" letter of repentance, bubble bath to wash away the regrets in the double whirlpool spa tub, and a CD of songs of love and remorse, plus champagne and more, this two-night package will do just about everything short of holding the olive branch for you, for just under $60 plus the cost of the suite. Info: 800-276-5202, www.independence-missouri.com
10. Best place to get the cold shoulder - Ambrosia House, Key West, FL: If the conversation turns cold, at least the winds will always blow warm in Key West. Privacy is the key to this inn, offering the ideal setting for those needing a little of their own. Suites and cottages with come complete with balconies and private entrances to make a break if you really need some time alone to brood. And when you kiss and make up, the romantic amenities will come in handy too. Info: 305-296-9838, www.ambrosiakeywest.com.
For more Valentine's Day and "Un-Valentine's" Packages, visit www.BedandBreakfast.com, and click on the Search then the Special Packages links or go directly to http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/Specials.aspx?ctx=S. BedandBreakfast.com is the leading online bed and breakfast Internet directory and reservation network, listing over 6,000 B&Bs and inns throughout the United States and internationally. A variety of search functions and extensive maps enable inngoers to find the perfect B&B. Travelers can make reservations online, purchase gift certificates welcomed at over 3,200 U.S. bed & breakfast inns, subscribe to free newsletters, and post questions on expert-hosted message boards.
BedandBreakfast.com is the exclusive B&B aggregator for Expedia, Inc. and Expedia will serve as BedandBreakfast.com's exclusive online travel agent. See http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/about/press.aspx?year=2006&article=04032006 for details.
Additionally, for information on a range of independently-owned distinctive lodging, visit BedandBreakfast.com's sister site, www.Inns.com.
# # #