FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FROM BEDandBREAKFAST.COM
CONTACT: Marti Mayne, 207-846-6331, Marti.Mayne@BedandBreakfast.com
Sandy Soule, 203-637-7642, Sandy.Soule@BedandBreakfast.com
WHAT A WAY TO GO! HOLIDAY SAVINGS COME ALIVE DURING DECEMBER DEAD WEEK
Slowest Time of Year for Travel equals Great Savings
When is the perfect time for an escape? That's easy -- when prices are low, fewer people are on the move, and everyone gives you the individual attention you deserve. Although Thanksgiving is the year's busiest travel week, the days following the holiday are among the least popular times to get away. Called "December Dead Week" by travel insiders, the 10 days after Thanksgiving weekend are traditionally one of the least popular times for travel. Fortunately for B&B travelers, BedandBreakfast.com, the leading online B&B directory and reservation network, has a great list of December Dead Week specials. Dozens of money-saving offers may convince you to postpone your Thanksgiving travel or to reward yourself with a mini-vacation after all that cooking, cleaning, and hosting, or after a couple days of trying to sleep in your six-year-old nephew's bunk beds. Simply visit www.BedandBreakfast.com, click on the December Dead Week link right below the Specials button, and you'll find a comprehensive list of value-filled getaways during late November and early December. A tempting sampler of specials is listed below.
Remember, B&Bs add value with complimentary breakfasts and other extras; these B&Bs, listed alphabetically by state, are even a better deal with their December Dead Week specials. B&B rates listed below are for two people, exclusive of tax and service.
1. My Victorian B&B, Mobile, AL: Stay November 27 - December 3 and get in on a holiday shopping getaway including two nights accommodations, Friday night dinner, transportation to area outlet malls, Saturday evening wrapping party including all materials, plus prizes for the most unique and affordable gifts. Leave with all your Christmas shopping and gift wrapping done; you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the holiday season, all for $350 per couple.
2. Candlelight Inn, Napa, CA: Stay two nights November 26 - December 1, and get a third night free, a $149-$249 value. Be sure to ask about the Holiday Shopping Package offered through Christmas, complete with personal driver and guide service to area wineries and boutiques, perfect for determined shopping divas.
3. Four Peaks Inn, Breckenridge, CO: Lots of snow has already fallen, so kick start the ski season from November 25 through December 7 with a winter preview including three nights lodging, gourmet breakfast each morning, and two-day passes good at Breckenridge, Keystone, and A-Basin. Rates start at $169 per person; stay five days and get a four-day pass with Vail and Beaver Creek added to the list from $269 per person.
4. Galen Moses House, Bath, ME: A busy schedule of local holiday events will keep you entertained in historic Bath. The inn is dressed in holiday finery, with more than 30 themed trees. Enjoy relaxing candlelight breakfasts and afternoon treats around the fire, plus shopping at quaint stores nearby. Stay two nights and get $10 off normal room rates $109-$199; stay three nights and get $20 off through December.
5. Carriage House Inn, Chatham, MA: Shop and Spa on Cape Cod this holiday season. From November 24 through December 23, get your choice of a sand dollar facial or beachcomber manicure and pedicure, plus a keepsake holiday ornament, homemade cookies and beverages, plus plenty of shopping nearby, starting at $399 for a two-night stay.
6. Inn at Crystal Lake, Eaton Center, NH: Extend the weekend and take in the tunes of Greg Brown, one of the folk scene's hottest stars, on December 3 in the new Stone Mountain Arts Center. You'll be treated to Sunday night lodging, dinner for two, shuttle ride to and from the show, two show tickets, and breakfast the next morning, for just $220.
7. Inn at Ellis River, Jackson, NH: December Dead Week at this White Mountain getaway includes a "sleighing" and "death by chocolate." What a way to go! Enjoy two nights lodging, afternoon refreshments, an Austrian sleigh ride, a candlelight dinner for two, plus champagne and those deadly chocolates on December weekends prior to Christmas for $359-$459; add a third night for $109-$129. Midweek packages (minus the sleigh ride) start at $299.
8. Lamplight Inn, Henderson, NC: December Dead Week is an alliterative experience at the Lamplight. For the first 10 days of December, declare this inn your destination for a December retreat and delve into a deep discount of 20 percent off regular room rates of $90-$120. Decadent breakfast desserts and delicacies are designed to delight your appetite.
9. Vogt Farm B&B, Marietta, PA: Wrap up the holidays early. For the first 10 days of December, you'll be treated to coupons for additional savings at Tanger Outlets and all the wrapping supplies you need to take home dazzling gifts, plus a 10 percent discount off rates from $99-$150 for three day stays.
10. Prospect Hill B&B, Mountain City, TN: Purchase a tree from the NC Christmas Tree Association and get a cash rebate equal to15 percent of your room rate ($99-159) when you stay two days between November 17 and December 24. Discount coupons also available for local tree growers.
11. Old Town Guest House, Park City, UT: Enjoy early season skiing and apr?s-ski shopping from December 1-7, when all rooms cost only $129 per night, a savings of up to $100. One catch - you must mention BedandBreakfast.com's December Dead Week when booking.
12. Eddington House, Bennington, VT: Kick off the holiday season with a getaway to scenic Bennington, famous for Grandma Moses and for its pottery. The package includes two nights accommodation in a queen-bedded room, dinner for two at Pangaea Lounge, a Vermont Christmas tree, a bottle of wine, and breakfast each day, for $299.
13. Amore by the Sea, Victoria, BC: Visit the inn's website to find last-minute specials off already low winter rates in one of Canada's loveliest cities. Look online for 5 percent to 10 percent off room rates of $130-$205 Canadian.
BedandBreakfast.com is the leading online bed and breakfast Internet directory and reservation network, listing nearly 6,200 B&Bs and inns throughout the United States and internationally. A variety of search functions and extensive maps enable inngoers to find the perfect B&B. Travelers can make reservations online, purchase gift certificates welcomed at more than 3,200 U.S. bed & breakfast inns, subscribe to free newsletters, and post questions on expert-hosted message boards.
BedandBreakfast.com is the exclusive B&B aggregator for Expedia, Inc. and Expedia.com serves as BedandBreakfast.com's exclusive online travel agent. See http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/about/press.aspx?year=2006&article=04032006 for details.
Additionally, for information on a range of independently-owned distinctive lodging, visit BedandBreakfast.com's sister site, www.Inns.com.
# # #
This press release was prepared for BedandBreakfast.com, 700 Brazos Street, Suite B-700, Austin, TX 78701