FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FROM BEDandBREAKFAST.COM
CONTACT: Marti Mayne, 207-846-6331, Marti.Mayne@BedandBreakfast.com
Sandy Soule, 203-637-7642, Sandy.Soule@BedandBreakfast.com
BEDANDBREAKFAST.COM OFFERS SECRETS FOR GAS-SAVING FAMILY VACATIONS
This summer, "B&B" stands for Budget and Bargains, not Break the Bank! While the price of gas may be increasing, B&B getaways offer affordable options for the whole family. For family fun, www.BedandBreakfast.com, the most comprehensive online B&B directory and reservation network worldwide, offers advice on great ways to balance rising gas prices with secrets for savings.
Note: Unless otherwise noted, rates listed are for double occupancy, including breakfast and all properties are family-friendly.
Seven Super Savings Secrets for Summer Sojourns
1. FREE GAS OFFERS: Over 100 BedandBreakfast.com members have posted special "Tanks a Lot" offers with up to $80 in spring and summer savings. Here are two great offers from child-friendly BedandBreakfast.com members:
- One for the Road" from Emerson Inn by the Sea, Rockport, MA: Stay two midweek (Sunday-Thursday) non-holiday nights through July 1, and get a $20 Mobil gas card. Enjoy free coffee and tea to go, so you'll be fueled as well as your vehicle. Nightly rates, $159-349.
- Barr Ranch Retreat, Odessa, TX: Show your kids that gas doesn't just come from the gas station. Stay two nights, June through July, and not only will you receive a $25 cash gas rebate, the family is also treated to a guided tour of the ranch drilling operations.
2. SAVE ON BREAKFAST & SNACKS - CHOOSE A B&B: B&Bs offer a hearty breakfast for everyone in the family, saving you time, gas, and money - as much as $50 for a family of four. Many B&Bs offer soft drinks, coffee and tea, wine and beer, snacks, fresh fruit, cookies, candies, and evening desserts for little or no extra cost. Invest the savings in gas rations for your car.
- Wildflower Inn, Lyndonville, VT: Here's a B&B that's totally kid-friendly. In addition to their "Butterflies, Tots and Forget-Me-Knots" learning program, there's everything from board games and badminton to barns, and kid-friendly breakfasts with snowman and teddy bear pancakes.
3. BOOK A B&B WITH BUILT-IN FUN: Destination B&Bs offer plenty of fun right on the property. Not only will you leave the car parked for the duration of your stay, but you can enjoy "unplugged" family fun. BedandBreakfast.com offers a host of kid-friendly and affordable B&B getaways packed with "edutaining" and "agritaining" fun for the whole family, most stocked with a full compliment of entertaining board games. Consider:
- Capay Valley B&B, Capay, CA: Set on a working ranch with over 80 animals ranging from llamas to zebras, this B&B's family package includes a room with two queen beds, TV/DVD player, breakfast for four, and a tour of the zoo. Kids love the swimming pool and water toys too. The nightly rate for four, including tax, is $215-270.
- Weatherbury Farm, Avella, PA: Families staying for two or more nights may participate in the "Weatherbury Farm Kid" program. Children do chores and complete a picture worksheet or the farm workbook to earn the "Official Weatherbury Farm Kid" certificate. The package price starts at $250 for a three-night stay for two; each additional person is $12.65/night. Rooms sleep up to four; suites up to seven. Bring grandparents for a multi-generational experience.
- Country Chalet B&B, Bluefield, WV: Enjoy whitewater rafting, hiking, biking and much more in the beautiful mountains of southern West Virginia, plus free access to nearby swimming pools. Families of four are easily accommodated in two second-floor bedrooms that open to the great room, featuring a mini-fridge, TV/VCR and piano. A hearty breakfast for four is also included in nightly rate of $120 for the two-bedroom suite.
4. SAVE WITH "KIDS STAY FREE" OFFERS: In addition to a free breakfast, snacks and entertainment, many B&Bs allow kids to stay free or practically free when they stay in their parents' room. Try these offers:
- Patchwork Quilt Country Inn, Middlebury, IN: Bring the family now through the end of July, and get a 10-percent discount for each night plus children 5 and under stay free at this inn located on 18 acres of Indiana countryside. The kids will love the game and fitness room, nature trail, ping pong, free movies and popcorn.
5. TAKE ONE-TANK GETAWAYS: Save on gas by discovering hidden gems close to home, like these offerings from BedandBreakfast.com:
- Arlington Street Urban Inn, Glen Park, CA: You'll enjoy affordable accommodations just 10 minutes away by BART train from all that San Francisco offers. Savor French pastries baked on premises by resident pastry chef Maria, a graduate of Tante Marie's Cooking School. Nightly rates only $79-150.
- Inn at the Oaks, Eastham, MA: An easy one-tank getaway from Boston, this B&B is designed with family vacations in mind. Suites accommodate a family of four nicely, and the play room, play ground and booster seats will delight the younger set, while the spa room with hot tub is a favorite with adult guests. Reserve a pet-friendly room, and Rover can come too! Ask about the family bike package, with ice cream cones for all. Rates: $120-250
6. SUBSCRIBE TO SAVINGS: Offset the price of gas with BedandBreakfast.com's Hot Deals. Plenty of family-friendly B&Bs offer discounts of 20-percent or more each week through this free service, which you can customize so you only get offers for area that are just a one-tank trip away.
7. INNKEEPERS RECOMMEND FREE FAMILY FUN: Innkeepers are experts on free and low-cost natural fun. Instead of paying for tickets to the water park, they'll recommend the best free hikes to local waterfalls. Skip the "Lazy River Ride" at the theme park; invest the money saved on gas and take the innkeepers' advice on the best spots for tubing on local rivers.
BedandBreakfast.com is the leading online bed and breakfast Internet directory and reservation network, listing over 6,000 B&Bs and inns throughout the United States and internationally. A variety of search functions and extensive maps enable inngoers to find the perfect B&B. Travelers can make reservations online, purchase gift certificates welcomed at over 3,200 U.S. bed & breakfast inns, subscribe to free newsletters, and post questions on expert-hosted message boards. BedandBreakfast.com will soon launch independent reviews, offering inngoers the opportunity to post and read honest, first-hand B&B reviews.
Breaking News: In a newly announced partnership, BedandBreakfast.com has become the exclusive B&B aggregator for Expedia, Inc. and Expedia will serve as BedandBreakfast.com's exclusive online travel agent. See http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/about/press.aspx?year=2006&article=04032006 for details.
Additionally, for information on a range of independently-owned distinctive lodging, visit BedandBreakfast.com's sister site, www.Inns.com.
For a complete list of all B&Bs participating in the BedandBreakfast.com "Tanks A Lot!" Promotion or those making special offers for families go to http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/ppf/cts/S/Specials.aspx?cts=S or visit www.BedandBreakfast.com, click Advanced Search, then Special Packages. From the dropdown box, choose Free Gas Promotion or Family Fun, and you'll find some "wheelly" great deals.
# # #
This press release was prepared for BedandBreakfast.com, 700 Brazos Street, Suite B-700, Austin, TX 78701