Home > Press Releases
BedandBreakfast.com In The News
Click the links below to read BedandBreakfast.com's most recent press releases.
Members of the media should contact Press@BedandBreakfast.com.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please email us with your
complete contact information and the name of your publication or media outlet.
Summertime: When B&B equals Family & Fun
Who says B&Bs are just for romance? Now that the school year is ending, it's time for family getaways. BedandBreakfast.com members have put together a host of wonderful packages, sure to appeal to families looking for summer fun. The Travel Industry Association of America (TIA) predicts that both family travel and grandparents-grandchildren travel are on the rise; where better to take the kids than a family-friendly B&B? Visit www.BedandBreakfast.com, click on Advanced Search, and B&B Specials, and you'll come to a drop down box where you can select family fun. You can also go to www.bedandbreakfast.com/search/quicklist.aspx and select "children welcome" or "family travel" to find kid-friendly B&Bs. For great advice on finding the best B&B for your whole family to enjoy, go to www.bedandbreakfast.com/report/Jul-Aug-01/tips.htm.
This summer, pack up the family car and try a "kids welcome" BedandBreakfast.com adventure, listed alphabetically by state. Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are for double occupancy, service and tax excluded.
Listed alphabetically by state/province:
- Several family suites offer spacious, private accommodations. Enjoy the mountain music this town is famous for, then explore Blanchard Springs Caverns, one of America's top ten caves, plus hiking trails and swimming areas. The Caverns Package includes two nights lodging, breakfast each morning and afternoon snacks, music at John Taylors Barn and dinner at an area restaurant, Cavern admissions, and two Wildflower mugs. Starts at $259, plus $55 for each additional person. Info: 870-269-4383 or www.wildflowerbb.com
Wildflower B&B-On the Square, Mountain View, AR:
- Bring your family to the Travel Channel's #1 beach. Family-friendly cottages welcome you to a world of swimming, fishing, boating and water sports at this bayside resort. Explore the mangrove islands, paddle next to dolphins and manatees, or visit a private beach only accessible by boat. Use of the swimming pool, kayaks, paddleboats, canoes, bikes and fishing poles is included free with your stay, Pets welcome, too. Rates start at $205 for a one-bedroom fully equipped cottage. Info: 941-349-4554 or www.turtlebeachresort.com
Turtle Beach Resort, Siesta Key, FL:
- A summer vacation on Little St. Simons Island is like taking the basic beach trip and adding a pinch of Robinson Crusoe, a dash of "Fantasy Island" and a big slice of National Geographic. Ten thousand acres and seven miles of deserted beaches await just 30 lucky guests. From the Loggerhead Sea Turtle Monitoring & Protection program to a Salt Marsh Adventure in search of fiddler crabs, periwinkle snails and other inhabitants of the sea, families will enjoy experiencing and learning about this barrier island's secluded ecosystem. The Lodge on Little St. Simons Island is open year-round, welcoming all children in the summer, and kids eight and up year-round. Accessible only by boat, rates are all-inclusive including three meals, all activities, and all recreational equipment and gear. All-inclusive rates start at $375. Info: 888-733-5774 or www.LittleStSimonsIsland.com
Lodge on Little St. Simon's Island, Little St. Simons Island, GA:
- While school may be out for the summer, this former school house named after President Theodore Roosevelt still offers the three R's - Relaxing, Re-connecting and Rose - the inn's themes. Two-bedroom family suites, perfect for children six and up, offer the ideal accommodations. The Hiawatha bike trail, along with kayaking and cruises on beautiful Lake Coeur d"Alene are just minutes from the inn. Treat the kids with discount tickets to Silverwood Theme Park/Boulders Water Park. Rates start at $175 per family per night, including breakfast for all and beverages and snacks throughout the day. Info: 800-290-3358 or www.therooseveltinn.com
The Roosevelt, Coeur d'Alene, ID:
- Adventure awaits you at Ohio's largest water park with over 40 rides and attractions! Spend the day at the Beach Waterpark, a 35-acre tropical paradise with live palm trees and real sand, then relax at family-friendly Christopher's B&B. The package price for two is $125 (includes tickets to the park, one night's lodging and breakfast); additional nights are $89. Up to two children can stay free in their parents' room, but kid's admission tickets ($7 each) are extra. Newport Aquarium and Paramount King's Island family packages are also available. Info: 888-585-7085 or www.christophersbb.com
Christopher's Bed and Breakfast , Bellevue, KY:
- Explore the beauty and bluffs of historic Lanesboro, including the 60-mile paved bicycle trail, followed by a trip down the scenic Root River via canoe or inner tube. Historic Lanesboro packages are available through the fall, and include a one night's stay, a $30 dinner coupon for a fine local restaurant, and your choice of either an Amish tour or a mini-golf and kayak package. The family rate of $239 covers a family of four people. Info: 866-897-8663 or www.stonemillsuites.com
Stone Mill Suites, Lanesboro, MN:
- This summer, let WindDancers' guides take your family on a fabulous llama-led outdoor adventure. Combine a stay at the comfortable lodge with a trek to the Far Camp, at the top of a mountain ridge. Meals, s'mores, campfires, and even the tents are all set up by experienced guides. The two-night package for a family of four with children 8 and over is $760 including all meals, a night in the lodge, camping equipment, guiding services. Children under 8 pay $125 each. Info: 877-627-3330 or www.winddancersnc.com/home.htm
WindDancers Lodging and Llama Treks, Clyde, NC:
- Vacationing families can't go wrong with the White Mountain Adventure package, including four nights accommodations, full country breakfasts and casually elegant dinners each day, a horseback ride through the scenic Easton Valley, and two tickets per person to any two of the area's attractions including Attitash Alpine Slide, Heritage-NH Interactive Museum, Conway Scenic RR, and many more, starting at $760 double through September 24, 2003. Info: 800-473-5299 or www.FranconiaInn.com
Franconia Inn, Franconia, NH:
- In June and September, home-schooled families can enjoy an incredibly affordable week of vacation school at the Jersey shore. Take a nature tour by kayak, stroll the walkways in a beautiful zoo, see how water is treated at a plant, learn about recycling at the landfill, take a tour and learn how a local newspaper is printed, or learn how taffy is pulled and pastries are made at the local bakery. Rates for five-night home-school weeks in June and September begin at $371 for a family of two adults, two children under 12. Info: 609-399-0800 or www.nvo.com/innthegardens/homeschool
Inn the Gardens B&B, Ocean City, NJ:
- Hike, bike, roller-blade or stroll with the whole family on the many trails at nearby Allegheny State Park. Families enjoy accommodations in the three-bedroom Carriage House suite. The two-night midweek family package is $425, the three-night midweek family package is $575, including accommodations, breakfast foods and snacks each morning, and a $50 certificate for dinner on one night - valid through October 31, 2003. Weekends add $100 per family. Info: 716-373-7493 or www.galletshouse.com
The Gallets House Bed & Breakfast, Allegany, NY:
- This country inn is family camp at its best. Every Wednesday and Saturday mornings, everybody becomes an apprentice at the pioneer homestead helping in the blacksmith shop, learning how to ride and care for the horses, spinning wool, gem mining, pressing apple cider, making candles and feeding the barnyard animals. On Thursdays and Sundays, travel back in time to a secret Cherokee Village where you'll learn traditional Cherokee riding. Every afternoon, join in an exciting "wet & wild" water adventure to nearby King�s Falls or a natural water slide on Crystal Creek. For children ten and up there�s a high ropes course, and Earthshine�s unique �Flights through the Treetops� Zip Line course. For children ages six and up, the 30� climbing wall is a huge hit. All meals and activities are included in a stay. Daily all-inclusive prices are $170/night/adult (do), Youth (ages 10 -15): 110/night/person, Children (ages 6 - 9): $90/night/person, Tots under age 6: $50/night/person. 828-862-4207 or http://www.earthshinemtnlodge.com
Earthshine Mountain Lodge in Lake Toxaway, NC:
- Families will enjoy outdoor adventure here all summer long, choosing from hiking, mountain biking, mushroom hunting, road bicycling, and more in nearby Crater Lake National Park, the Fremont-Winema National Forest and Sky Lakes Wilderness Area. Whether it's horseback riding with the whole family, watching Civil War re-enactments, or the Northwest Cutting Horse show - summer and fall are busy times at Crystalwood Lodge. Children are welcome and rates for kids under 16 are just $30 per night. Rooms start at $105, and rooms with multiple beds for families are $230 - $245. Most rooms have dog crates, and are named for elements of Alaska's famous Iditarod Dog Race. Info: 866 -381-2322 or www.crystalwoodlodge.com
Crystalwood Lodge, Klamath Falls, OR:
- Located on the largest lake in Texas, this kid-friendly B&B offers just about any kind of family friendly recreation you can imagine. From a trampoline to sand volleyball and tetherball, families will enjoy playing together here. On the lake, you can rent a jetski or picnic in a rented pontoon boat. Room rates start at $65 per night. Info: 903-786-6335 or www.terralak.com
Terralak B&B On Lake Texoma, Plano, TX:
- Located in the scenic Shenandoah Valley where the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway meet, this outdoor paradise offers a wide variety of scenic terrain for hiking, cycling, fishing, canoeing, and caving in and around the George Washington National Forest and the Shenandoah Nation Park. Tree Streets Inn offers a midweek (Sunday - Thursday) package including a three-night stay, breakfast each morning, a box lunch for the outdoorsman or two tickets for touring Grand Caverns (voted #2 caverns in the country by Parade Magazine) for $275 for a family of four (children over 8) in the family suite. Info: 877-378-0456 or www.treestreetsinn.com
Tree Streets Inn, Waynesboro, VA:
- The longer you stay, the more you save on family fun and endless activities at the 345-acre Mountain Top Inn & Resort. The 20% savings package includes three-nights lodging, breakfast and dinner daily, a guided horseback trail or pony ride, and use of the resort's facilities including pools, a lake-front beach, kayaks, canoes, pitch & putt golf, croquet, tennis and hiking trails. The three-night package starts at $825 per couple; add $99 per night for children over six; available through September 25, 2003. Info: 800-445-2100 or www.mountaintopinn.com
Mountain Top Inn & Resort, Chittenden, VT:
- This B&B offers the perfect mid-point for exploring Ontario's Historic Grand River, which meanders for over 200 miles through woodlands, meadows, Indian settlements, and historic villages. A two-night river adventure package offers an ideal getaway for families who'd like to spend some time together on the water. Available through October 31, the package include two nights lodging, a full country breakfast each morning, and one day of rafting, canoeing or kayaking, starting at U.S. $250 (U.S.) for a family of four. Info: 519-647-3343 or http://home.primus.ca/~vweeks/
Weekwood Farm B&B, Troy (Hamilton) Ontario, Canada:
BedandBreakfast.com� is the leading online bed & breakfast reservation network, listing over 27,000 bed & breakfasts and inns throughout the United States and internationally. A wide variety of search functions and extensive maps enable inngoers to find the perfect B&B. Travelers can make reservations online, purchase gift certificates accepted at over 2,700 U.S. bed & breakfast inns, subscribe to a free newsletter, and post questions on expert hosted message boards. Founded in 1995, by Eric Goldreyer, BedandBreakfast.com's goal is to provide the best possible experience for innkeepers and inngoers alike.