For Immediate Release from RezOvation – 11/04/08
Contact: John Banczak, John.Banczak@RezOvation.com or 512-322-2721
RezOvation announces the acquisition of Webervations
Austin, TX– RezOvation, Inc., the leader in Property Management Systems for inns, bed and breakfasts, hotels, and specialty lodging, announced today that it has completed the acquisition of Webervations, the leading online availability calendar and website booking company, previously owned and operated by American Dreams, Inc. RezOvation will continue to operate Webervations at its existing offices in Logan, OH, along with most of its current staff; Webervations customers will not be affected by the transition. John Banczak, Chief Operating Officer of RezOvation, will oversee the daily operation of the business, and David Swain, founder and creator of the highly-acclaimed Webervations product will continue to be involved with the operation of the business through the end of 2010.
“We are thrilled to bring together the two leading property management and online booking products in the industry, and we expect great things to come from this combination of products and features. The scale that we can bring to the market will allow participating lodging properties to work with one company for their most important reservation tools,” explained Eric Goldreyer, CEO of RezOvation and its sister company, BedandBreakfast.com. RezOvation will accelerate development of the Webervations product for individual properties, associations, directories, and chamber of commerce/CVB websites that utilize Webervations’ broad availability features. Plans for the 2009 enhancements of Webervations include:
- Completing the development of Webervations 2.0 with advanced features, (launched earlier in 2008 and originally called the “new Webervations,”) so that all customers who wish to use it will have access to this system.
- Further developing the website booking product for associations, directories, and chamber of commerce/CVB sites to include complete customization and a streamlined booking process.
- Incorporating an advanced data security and encryption package into both the original Webervations product (now called Webervations 1.0) as well as into Webervations 2.0.
- Waiving the annual $99 BedandBreakfast.com availability calendar link fee for Webervations customers (also waived for RezOvation Booking Engine customers).
- Waiving all Webervations 1.0 fees for all existing or RezOvation customers using annual support and/or booking engine products.
RezOvation will launch other initiatives with the Webervations system after extensive innkeeper and association feedback. RezOvation will conduct a comprehensive survey of Webervations customers in the next few months, and will form a customer advisory panel in early 2009 to help guide the future development of the product.
“As Webervations has grown, it has become increasingly difficult to maintain the company as the owner, founder, and sole developer ,” said David Swain, owner of American Dreams, Inc. and developer of Webervations. “I am pleased to see a company like RezOvation taking over the operation. Their owners have demonstrated a long-standing commitment to the small lodging industry dating back to 1994,” finished Swain.
RezOvation is a Microsoft Gold Certified company and the industry leader in property management systems, online reservations, website design and internet marketing for the small hotel, inn, and B&B market. Over 5,000 properties use RezOvation software. RezOvation is part of the BedandBreakfast.com family of companies.