White Chocolate Strawberry Mousse
- 20 oz white chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 8 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside. Puree strawberries. Strain and reserve liquid. Place berries in a 1 quart saucepan, add preserves and cook over low heat until thickened. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Fold strawberry mixture into melted chocolate. Fold in whipped cream, reserving a small amount for garnish. Fold in egg whites.
- Place mousse in desired serving dishes (Wedgwood, of course!) and garnish with fresh strawberries and whipped cream *flavored* with strawberry juice.
- Serves 8-10