Meadowbrook Breakfast Bars
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups puffed cereal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 300 g dessert tofu
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups chopped, dried fruit-mostly apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup liquid honey
- freshly grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 raw apples, peeled and grated, or 1 cup of applesauce
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Toast pumpkin seeds and transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Add rolled oats, cereal, fruit, flour, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mis tofu, egg, oil, honey, vanilla, lemon zest, and apple (sauce).
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Gently fold in wet ingredients.
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Spread mixture evenly to fill the centre. Pack down until level and fairly firmly packed. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely in pan. Cut into bars. Serve alone or warmed with yogurt and fresh fruit.