Mango Ice Cream
- 2 medium size mangoes, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh mango slices (optional)
- On baking sheet, arrange mango slices in a single layer; freeze until firm. (Several hours or overnight.)
- Break frozen mango slices into 2 or 3 pieces. In food processor with chopping blade, process broken-up mango slices, sugar, cream and lemon juice until smooth. Serve immediately or pack in freezer-safe container; seal and freeze until ready to use.
- To serve, let ice cream stand at room temp 10 minutes to soften; scoop into ice cream glasses. Garnish with fresh mango slices, if desired.