Scandinavian Fruit Soup ala White Lace Inn
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 lemon - cut in half lengthwise and then sliced very thin
- 1 orange - cut same as lemon
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (or to taste)
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- pinch of ground cloves
- 5 lb sliced peaches
- 5 lb sliced pears
- 16 oz. can or equivalent of frozen Door County cherries (not juice)
- In a large kettle add: apple cider, lemon, orange, raisins, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon, allspice and cloves.
- Simmer covered until rinds are soft (about 20 min.)
- Then add: peaches, pears, and cherries.
- Simmer another 15 minutes.
- This recipe makes a large amount. You could cut the recipe in half. Serve it warm or cold. Great served warm or cold over rice pudding. Keeps at least a week in refrigerator. Enjoy.