Artichoke Sauce With Linguini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- For garnish, capers, sliced black olives & parsley
- Cook oil, butter, flour and chicken broth until it thickens. Add garlic, artichoke hearts (chopped), lemon juice and cheese. Continue cooking until flavors blend - about five minutes. Add capers and parsley. Top the pasta dishes with small, sliced black olives.
- To cook the Linguini: Bring six quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add one tablespoon olive oil and two teaspoons of salt. Add the linguini and keep boiling until tender but firm (al dente), 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and immediately toss with artichoke sauce. Sprinkle each dish with small, black, sliced olives.