- 4 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 4 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 can chicken stock
- 1 lb crawfish tails (frozen are ok)
- 2-4 tablespoons LA Hot Sauce (less if Tabasco)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- dash lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Creole Seasoning (Zatarain's brand, or see our 'Creole Seasoning' recipe)
- Optional garnish: sprinkle finely chopped green onions and flat leaf Italian parsley
- Add the seasonings and ¿holy trinity¿ to the roux.
In a separate pot, heat east chicken stock to boil, gradually stir in roux until well blended. Cook over medium heat for about 20-minutes.
Now, add crawfish, then cook 10 more minutes.
Serve over rice